Patcham Pensioner Treated For Severe Shock As X Factor Contestant He Thought Would Be Crap Turns Out To Be Quite Good

the-x-factor-u-s-season-4-judges-rethink-in-2014-740x357

An OAP from Patcham spent last night recovering in The Royal Sussex County hospital after a bout of severe shock brought on by popular Saturday night TV show The X Factor.

Brian Morten, 72 of Grange Walk, is now back home after the worrying episode which could have been a lot worse if it wasn’t for the swift actions of his wife of 50 years, Maureen.

In an exclusive The Brighton Bulletin caught up with Brian as he continued his recovery at home, he recalls how events unfolded: ‘Maureen put on that shite program with the prat Cowell on it like she does every bleeding weekend. I have given up complaining now and sometimes I get quite into it. I always like to guess whether the singers are going to be any good or a load of rubbish before they start singing, usually I call it every time, Maureen is rubbish she always gets it wrong! On Saturday there was this one lad who was quite odd looking and a bit chubby. I was convinced he would be a load of guff, the interviews, the music, his family it was a sure bet but stone the crows when he started singing he was actually bloody brilliant and that’s all I can remember’ he said.

At 9.40pm Brian fell into unconsciousness so Maureen picks up the story: ‘The silly git had been going on about how this young lad on the X factor would be rubbish, he just kept going on and on like a dog with a bone, when he came on he got the shock of his life. The lad belted out a tune and I looked over to Brian and he was sweating and breathing really heavily the next thing I know he is passed out on the floor. I didn’t know what the heck was going on. I thought he was messing around but when he didn’t respond for ten minutes I knew it was serious so I waited until the adverts then I put him in the recovery position and called 999’ she said.

Ambulance crews took Brian to hospital where he eventually regained conciseness but was kept in overnight as a precaution. After Brian’s episode he has said he will not be watching X Factor again: ‘Its a result really. I got a night of peace up at the hospital, some decent grub and the doc said we shouldn’t watch the X Factor any more as it might set my ticker off again. I’m pleased as punch’ he beamed.

 

 

 

Advertisements

One thought on “Patcham Pensioner Treated For Severe Shock As X Factor Contestant He Thought Would Be Crap Turns Out To Be Quite Good

  1. Pingback: Patcham Pensioner Treated For Severe Shock As X Factor Contestant He Thought Would Be Crap Turns Out To Be Quite Good | The Brighton Bulletin

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s